Obama – 49%
McCain – 33%
Barr – 9%
Nader – 2%
This is a state that Bush took by only 1% in 2004, and barely lost in 2000.
- Hispanics for Obama and self-identified libertarians for Barr make McCain a distant second.
- Hispanics make up 30% of the sample, and they choose Obama over McCain, 59%-24%.
- Libertarians are 10% of the sample, and 64% go with Barr.
- They join 6% of conservatives who are also with Barr.
- Obama even leads McCain by 7% among white voters.
It’s hard for me to believe that McCain is this far behind, but if Barr is really almost in double digits, that would make sense.
Also, I wonder what Barr’s % is among white voters, because if that’s in double digits it would go a long way to explaining why Obama’s leading McCain with a demographic he usually doesn’t capture.
More as it develops…
This entry was posted on Friday, July 11th, 2008 and is filed under Barack, Barr, Democrats, Independents, McCain, New Mexico, Polls, Republicans. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.