It’s easy to download apps from Google Play Store. You just pick the app you want to download and install it on your device. Once installed, you can launch the program. Of course, there may be instances where you have problems such as the download pending message. It’s an issue many Android users are privy too, unfortunately.
There’s no one answer to the issue if you have it. However, there are a number of steps that can be used to fix it. What solutions can you implement to address the problem?
How to fix “Download Pending” on Google Play Store
- Look first at your Internet connection. If your connection is weak or not steady, the download process could be disrupted.
- Make sure no other apps are downloading. Google Play Store does not allow for multiple downloads currently, which means other apps will go into download pending status. If you have a preferred app you want to download, you can cancel the others to ensure it’s downloaded.
- Be sure the device has plenty of storage space to handle the app’s size. If it doesn’t, you’ll need to delete apps to ensure you have room for it.
- Clear the cache and data of the Play Store, which can be done by going to Settings, Apps and Google Play Store. Hit the “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data” buttons. Try downloading once more.
- Look to make sure the device’s time and date settings are right, making changes if needed. Google Play Store won’t let downloads happen if a device’s settings are incorrect.
- Uninstall Google Play Store updates by hitting the Uninstall Updates button under Settings, Apps and Google Play Store. Attempt to re-download the app you want to see if it’s successful.
- Make sure the latest Google Play Store version is installed. You can do this by going to the Play Store App, hit Settings and locate the Play Store version section. Tap it, and you should have a message that tells you if you’re up to date. If not, you’ll start downloading the latest update. Once the app is installed, re-download the app you want.
With any one of these seven steps, you should have your download pending status problems addressed. Can you download Google Play Store on your PC or Mac?