Personally, I’m not that shocked, because if you’re working out 5 hours a day, 6 days a week, you’re need the energy.
Still, this isn’t exactly the healthiest regiment…
- 4,000 calories per meal…
- Breakfast: 3 fried-egg sandwiches w/ cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, fried onions and mayonnaise.
- Brunch: 3 slices of french toast w/ powered sugar, a 5 egg omelet, 3 chocolate chip pancakes, a heaping bowl of grits, and 2 cups of coffee to wash it all down.
- Lunch: 1 pound of pasta, 2 large ham and cheese sandwiches slathered (with mayo…of course!) and 1,000 calories of energy drinks to choke it down.
- Dinner: Another pound of pasta and a whole pizza!
- And of course he needs another 1,000 calories in energy drinks to hit the grand total of…drum roll please…12,000 CALORIES!!!
I mean, that’s impressive, no matter how you look at it. Just the cost alone of all that food is intimidating.
And yet, he’s gone gold 5 for 5 so far and has won more Olympic medals than any other American in history.
Keep eating Michael!
BEST COMMENT EVER:
From Jimmy the Dhimmi:
Never mind the calories, whats fascinating to me is how he can perform so well with all that poop inside him. I wonder if he times his meals so he can schedule a massive dump before he swims – hitting the pool before he hits the pool, so to speak.
Something tells me that Phelps has his pooping schedule timed down to a hundredth of a second. He’s THAT good! :-)
This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 13th, 2008 and is filed under Kitchen Sink, Olympics. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.