Here’s How to Download Google Chrome on Your PC and Mac
Google Chrome is one of the most popular web browsers because of its speed and efficiency as well as the high levels of security it provides. So, if you don’t yet have Chrome, it’s time to download it on your PC or Mac computer. Here are the steps you should take:
Getting Chrome on PC
- Check if your PC meets the requirements. It should have at least an Intel Pentium 4 processor (or later) that’s SSE2-capable. It should also be running on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.
- Open your browser and go to google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html.
- Click on the “Download Chrome” button to get the installer file.
- Choose either “Run” or “Save” from the prompt that would pop up.
- If you choose “Run”, Chrome will be installed on your PC right away.
- If you choose “Save”, the installer file will be stored in your computer’s Download folder. Double-click on the file to begin the installation process.
- If your PC is running on Windows 7 or 10, Chrome will automatically open a new browser window once the installation is complete. If your computer is running on Windows 8 or 8.1, a Chrome welcome dialog will appear after the installation; click on the “Next” button to choose your default browser.
Getting Chrome on Mac
- Ensure your Mac is running on OS X Mavericks 10.9 or later, which is the minimum requirement for you to download Google Chrome.
- Go to google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html on your browser.
- Download the disk image for Chrome.
- Open the “Google Chrome.dmg” file and look for the Chrome icon.
- Drag the icon to your Applications folder. You’ll need to authenticate if you don’t have administrative rights. If you’re not able to authenticate, drag the Chrome icon to your desktop or any other location where you have rights.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Open Finder. In the sidebar, find Google Chrome and click the “Eject” icon beside it to eject the disk image.
Take these steps to download Google Chrome on your PC or Mac computer!