Some Independence Day linkage…
- Polling Average, McCain vs. Obama: Obama +5.7
- Voters see both McCain and Obama as flip-floppers.
- Obama calls for a new national service program.
- President Bush’s deputy CoS is leaving the White House.
- Tom Schaller throws water on Obama’s potential in the South.
- The NRA dedicates $40 million to the election, $15 million to target Obama.
- 62,000 jobs were cut in June.
- The Post notes that Obama got a discounted home loan.
- Nate Silver tells us that it’s no big deal.
- McCain hits Obama on court appointments.
- Christian conservative leaders begin to fall in behind McCain.
- The Democratic Convention will not be limited to three days.
- But Obama’s speech may be moved to a 76,000 seat stadium.
- Bush will attend the opening ceremony in Beijing.
- Obama affords himself some wiggle room on Iraq.
- McCain’s camp pounces on it.
- Obama seeks to expand (or improve) Bush’s faith-based initiatives program.
- Senator Thad Cochran tells an odd story about McCain.
- McCain is downplaying his staff shakeup.
- New RNC ads could be on your television screen today.
- The ladies Wimbledon final will be an all Williams affair.
- Another Baldwin brother threatens to leave the country.
- This story is just too funny.
- This day in history: Baseball great Lou Gehrig gave his famous “Luckiest Man On The Face Of The Earth” speech, retiring in 1939.
Editor’s Note:Â A brief introduction–My name is Andy and I’m proud to be a new member of the Donklephant team.Â You can find me blogging regularly at Political Realm.
This entry was posted on Friday, July 4th, 2008 and is filed under Barack, Bush, McCain. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.