Obama – 46%
McCain – 44%
This is a statistically insignificant lead, so they’re basically tied. Last month, Obama lead by 4, 47% to 43%.
The shift appears to be happening among the independent crowd. Now they’re backing McCain by 5 points. Last month, Obama led among independents by 10. That’s quite a shift, and makes me wonder about Quinnipiac’s numbers a bit, but they’re usually a steady bunch so we’ll just have to wait until we see some other state polls to determine if this is the trend.
- Florida women likely voters back Obama 47% to 42%.
- Men go 47% for McCain and 45% for Obama.
- White voters back McCain 53% to 39%.
- Black voters back Obama 89% to 2%.
- Obama leads 66% to 27% with voters 18 to 34 years old.
- McCain gets 47% of voters 35 to 54, to Obama’s 45%.
- McCain also leads 51% to 41% with voters over 55.
Also, Pollster has the race tied when it does a poll of the polls…
More next month…
This entry was posted on Thursday, July 31st, 2008 and is filed under Barack, Democrats, Florida, Independents, McCain, Polls, Republicans. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.