Continued look at who independent voters are/are not and Obama’s poll numbers…
- A reminder: Most ‘independent’ voters aren’t (LA Times/Top of the Ticket)
- Sick and Tired of Republicans and Democrats? New Parties Say They Offer Alternatives (By James King, Phoenix News Times)
- Pa.’s Sestak plans Tuesday announcement (USA Today)
- Poll: Pennsylvania ranks 20th most Democratic state in the nation (Erik Westervelt, Phildadelphia Opinion Polls Examiner)
- Political Party Affiliation: 30 States Blue, 4 Red in ’09 So Far (by Jeffrey M. Jones, Gallup)
- Zogby/O’Leary Poll Reveals Majority of Voters Will Oppose Senators Who Vote to Confirm an Anti-Second Amendment Supreme Court Nominee (Press Release)Â Â NOTE: Included here because the Zogby/O’Leary poll purports to speak for independents…
- Obama’s Ratings Slide Across the Board – The Economy, Health Care Reform and Gates Grease the Skids (Pew Research)
Calif Gov Arnold Schwarzenegger is determined to leave a legacy of reform — particularly open primaries, which would give more power to voters
- Schwarzenegger is unpopular but undaunted (George Skelton, Capitol Journal, LA Times)
- A State of Confusion editorial: State needs fixes to avoid a repeat (Sac Bee) As for the Legislature itself, an open primary in place of the partisan nominating system we have now might help elect more moderate lawmakers and lead to a more consensus-oriented body.
For more independent news, see The Hankster, where the independents are.
This entry was posted on Monday, August 3rd, 2009 and is filed under In The News, Independents, News, Politics, Polls. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.