You surely are wondering about the difference between OGYouTube 3.5 versus VidMate 3.45 since you have visited this site. But take note there is more than just what you seek in here. Nonetheless, here are some of the things you ought to know when it comes to comparing these two apps.
One of the simplest and coolest YouTube downloaders is OGYouTube. In fact, it has the same interface as YouTube, which you surely get confused when you open the app for the first time.
- Seems like the exact same copy of the YouTube app
- Has extra features, making it unique
- Has been made by OG mods
- Enables you to download any type of video from YouTube by just using a single click
- Offers any video size that you can download, including HD videos
- You can also play YouTube songs at the background as MP3
- Allows you to listen to music only if you don’t want to watch videos
This version of the app was released in November 2017, which requires you to have Android version 4.1 or newer. It also doesn’t require rooting your Android device. Most of all, it is easy to install. It only requires 40MB+ of available space for the whole app.
- Go to Settings -> Security -> Unknown Sources and tick on the tab to enable this option
- Open the downloaded file using the File Explorer
- Tap Install in order to begin the installation of OGYouTube on your device
After the installation, download MicroG APK and install it. After it finishes the installation, you will receive a notification and that’s it.
- Requires access to certain features of your device, such as camera, vibration, and NFC
- Prevents your device from sleeping, killing the background process
- Gets access to your accounts, such as the one you have for Google
- Gets access to your external storage of your device as it can write on it
VidMate is an app that allows you to download YouTube videos, just like OGYouTube. However, it is more popular than the latter because it has been around for quite some time now. The top features of VidMate include the following.
- Offers free YouTube download
- Provides free movies download
- Offers free songs and TV shows that you can download
- A huge amount of YouTube videos are available for download, including MP3 songs, and TV shows
- Likewise, it is the optimal choice for downloading videos on your Android device
- You can download more than 1 file at the same time
- Watch movies without any lagging issues
- Has an updated library list of music and movies
Version 3.45 of VidMate only has an app size of 7MB unlike OGYouTube 3.5 with 40MB+. This app can only be installed for Android devices running version 4.0 or newer.
- Could be harmful, which is why it isn’t permitted on the Google Play Store
- It can get access to Privacy, particularly personal information or other data
- Video downloading has too many bloatware ads that go along with it