Download Clash of Clans Largest Update of 2018 (So Far)
It’s been a while since Clash fo Clans received a major content update. Our last one was the Builder Hall level 8 along with the addition of the merchant but when it comes to most of the vocal player base, they’re not exactly huge fans of Builder Base to care enough about it.
A minor update also rolled out a short while ago allowing players to claim targets and add notes to bases on the enemy team. It does seem like Supercell is interested in solving the problems faced by the warring community.
Major Updates for Clash of Clans
Supercell isn’t willing to spoil anything for players. Mostly because they’re probably working on several things at once. If they tease about a feature that’s not finished yet, players would get disappointed when their favorite parts aren’t in the next update. This is nothing unique to Supercell. Pretty much every major developer out there does exactly the same.
What’s been confirmed so far is that we will definitely be getting more than a single update this year. Perhaps three or four. Unfortunately, there’s been no confirmation or denial of a Town Hall 12 update. But if they do intend to add another level for the Town Hall then we won’t find out about it until the update is ready to roll out.
Leaks and Sneak peaks
We should be getting official news on the first update soon though since it’s expected to launch in the first half of this year. Supercell usually starts giving sneak peeks a couple weeks before the update, purely to hype up its eventual release, so hold tight.
As far as leaks are concerned, there really haven’t been any and they’d be highly unlikely given Supercell’s past history. Speculations can be made that Town Hall 12 isn’t being mentioned purely because it’s not going to be in the next update. So what are we left with?
Clan War Matchmaking Update
The current situation of Clan Wars where Engineered Bases are able to handle much higher opponents than their war weight suggests is unacceptable to most players. Clan Wars are supposed to be fair and it shouldn’t be possible to game the system.
Town Hall 11 engineered bases get matched up against Town Hall 9 players. This means that as far as the war is concerned, they’re a TH9 player. But when you actually look at their offense you’ll find that they are able to confidently attack even the top players on your side.
Supercell could be planning on completely separating the matchmaking queues for engineered and non-engineered bases. Another solution would be to rework the war weights once more or simply ensure that a player isn’t able to move to the next Town Hall without placing down all their buildings possible. This has already been done in Builder Base with a relatively positive experience.
Let us know what you think will be coming in the next update for Clash of Clans. Is there any possibility of a TH12?
UPDATE #1: The update has been released!
- The price of Wall Ring has been reduced from 200 gems to 100 gems per Ring.
- The number of Rings required for each Wall upgrade has been reduced and now covers up to 1M of required resources. For example, a Wall that requires 1M resources will require 1x Ring. A Wall that requires 2M resources will require 2x Rings, 3M resources will require 3x Rings, etc. Anything below 1M resources will only require 1x Ring.
- The Trader will offer an increased number of Wall Rings.
- Maximum Elixir and Gold storage at Town Hall 12 is increased to 12M per resource type.
- Maximum Dark Elixir at Town Hall 12 is increased to 240K.
- We understand upgrading your Walls is a time consuming aspect of Clash of Clans. As a result we are rebalancing how much Walls cost for Town Hall levels 5-10.
- We have increased the amount your Treasury can store across all Town Hall levels.
- The amount of resources awarded per league level has been drastically increased for the Star Bonus rewards.
- The amount of loot earned from Clan Wars has been increased.
- Percentage for winning Clan Wars increased from 600% to 700%
- Percentage for draws increased from 240% to 350%
- Percentage for losses increased from 180% to 300%
- The amount of damage done per lightning strike has been increased with a total of 6 per level
- Freeze Spell has been rebalanced to increase its utility
- Housing space requirement reduced to 1
- Training cost and time reduced by 50%
- Donation cost reduced by 50%
- Duration of the Freeze spell reduced
- Housing space requirement reduced to 3
- Training cost and time reduced by 25%
- Donation cost reduced by 25%
- Duplicated housing space reduced by 25%
Town Hall Upgrading:
- All available buildings must be placed before you are able to upgrade to the next Town Hall level!
- Level 12 damage decreased from 86 to 83
- Level 13 damage decreased from 98 to 92
- Level 14 damage decreased from 110 to 108
- Single and multi-mode damage increased.
- Level 4 damage increased from 54 to 58
- Level 5 damage increased from 64 to 70
- Level 5 damage increased from 44 to 46
- Level 6 damage increased from 48 to 52
- Removed the 3x damage bonus to Golems
- Level 4 healing reduced from 71 to 65
- Level 5 healing reduced from 90 to 80
- Movement speed increased from 250 to 400
- Time required for Miner to surface/submerge reduced from 1.2 seconds to 0.6 seconds
- Level 7 HP increased from 1220 to 1280
- Level 8 HP increased from 1440 to 1480
- Level 1 DPS reduced from 65 to 60
- Level 2 DPS reduced from 75 to 70
- Level 3 DPS reduced from 85 to 80
- Level 5 HP increased from 4500 to 4700
- Level 6 HP increased from 5100 to 5200
- We have also decreased the Elixir costs to train P.E.K.K.A in order to make them more affordable at lower levels
- Level 5 HP increased from 2900 to 3000
- Level 6 HP increased from 3200 to 3300
- We have also decreased the Elixir costs to train Dragon to make them more affordable at lower levels
- Level 1: HP increased from 270 to 320. DPS increased from 50 to 100. Number of skeletons spawned increased from 3 to 4.
- Level 2: HP increased from 300 to 360. DPS increased from 60 to 120. Number of skeletons spawned remains the same.
- Level 3: HP increased from 330 to 400. DPS increased from 70 to 140. Number of skeletons spawned decreased from 5 to 4.
- Added 20 Wall pieces (4 segments) to Builder Hall level 8.
- Super P.E.K.K.A: decreased death damage across all levels.