Archive for the 'Indiana' Category

SurveyUSA: Obama Leads By 1 In Indiana

By Justin Gardner | Related entries in Barack, Democrats, Independents, Indiana, McCain, Polls, Republicans

Obama – 48% McCain – 47% This basically means they’re tied, but Indiana is usually a very reliably red state, so this is actually quite surprising. Some more info… Among men, McCain leads by 5; among women, Obama leads by 7 — a 12-point gender gap. Among voters age 18 to 49, Obama leads by […]

June 24th, 2008 | Permalink| No Comments »

Obama Adds 2 Superdelegates This Morning

By Justin Gardner | Related entries in Barack, Democrats, Hillary, Indiana, Louisiana, Super Delegates!!!

The first is New Orleans mayor Ray Nagin: “Since the immediate days following the storm, I have been traveling to our nation’s capitol to advocate for policies that aid our rebuilding effort,” Nagin said in a statement released by the Obama campaign. “I know first hand, we desperately need the leadership of someone committed to […]

May 13th, 2008 | Permalink| No Comments »

Clinton “Wins” Indiana

By Justin Gardner | Related entries in Barack, Democrats, Hillary, Indiana

She’s up by about 22,000 with 99% reporting so MSNBC is calling it. However, there’s a lot of absentee ballots yet to count, so we’re not going to know the real totals, but it’ll be hard for Obama to make up over 22,000 votes. Amazing night folks. See you in the morning! Tweet

May 6th, 2008 | Permalink| 7 Comments »

95% Indiana: Hillary Leads By 16,609

By Justin Gardner | Related entries in Barack, Democrats, Hillary, Indiana

Clinton – 606,497 – 50.69% Obama – 589,888 – 49.31% Folks, she’s only ahead by 1.38% Total Vote- 1,196,385 More soon… Tweet

May 6th, 2008 | Permalink| 8 Comments »

Absentee Ballot Holding Up Lake County Results

By Justin Gardner | Related entries in Barack, Democrats, Hillary, Indiana

Here are some numbers… The unprecedented amount of absentee and early-voting ballots is slowing the vote count at Lake County election headquarters and keeping Americans waiting for Indiana primary results. As of 8:40 p.m. CDT, about half of 11,370 absentee and early voting ballots had been counted, said Michelle Fajman, the county’s elections supervisor. By […]

May 6th, 2008 | Permalink| 1 Comment »

Gary, Indiana Turnout: 85 to 95%

By Justin Gardner | Related entries in Barack, Democrats, Hillary, Indiana

That’s the word: According to his numbers, in most districts Clinton’s turnout in the city of Gary was near non-existent. One precinct saw 126 voters turn out for Obama, while only four voted for Clinton. [Gary Mayor Rudy] Clay said the election is seeing a record turnout in the city. “We’re used to having maybe […]

May 6th, 2008 | Permalink| 1 Comment »

Gary, Indiana Mayor Predicted This In March?

By Justin Gardner | Related entries in Barack, Democrats, Hillary, History, Indiana

This is from March 30th. From NWI.com: “We’ve got this title that Gary people don’t vote,” Gary Mayor Rudy Clay said to the crowd. “It’s going to be eliminated because Gary is going to register more people than have ever registered before.” During Indiana’s primary, Gary will be a name on the lips of newscasters […]

May 6th, 2008 | Permalink| 3 Comments »

91% Indiana: Clinton Leads By 19,790 Votes

By Justin Gardner | Related entries in Barack, Democrats, Hillary, Indiana

Wow. Clinton – 584,113 – 51% Obama – 564,323 – 49% Keep coming back!!! This is just like Missouri!!! Tweet

May 6th, 2008 | Permalink| 2 Comments »

88% Indiana: Hillary Leads By 38,311 Votes

By Justin Gardner | Related entries in Barack, Democrats, Hillary, Indiana

It’s starting to tighten. Clinton – 574,643 – 52% Obama – 536,332 – 48% Lake County is going to start reporting in about 25 minutes. However… Washington Post is now reporting that the mayor of Gary, Indiana is saying that Lake County turned out overwhelming for Obama and it could turn this on its head. […]

May 6th, 2008 | Permalink| 2 Comments »

185,000 Votes Remaining

By Justin Gardner | Related entries in Barack, Democrats, Hillary, Indiana

With 85% of the vote already in, the total vote is 1,070,170 (Clinton – 555,261, Obama – 514,909) That means the other 15% is going to basically be 185,000 votes. If Obama gets 57% out of Lake County, which is what I’ve heard recently, he’d get 105,450 and she’d get 79,550. That’s a difference of […]

May 6th, 2008 | Permalink| 2 Comments »